Wednesday 3 March 2010

Yuck!

Just when I think I'm in a place where I will be able to update everyday - then the crash comes. Since the last blog posting I haven't been out of bed for more than 5 hours a day.

I started feeling really weak and useless last week. I couldn't put my finger on what had started it. By Saturday I realised I had a kidney infection. My kidney infections don't present in the usual way and always catch me off guard. I start with a stomach upset, which I can get for a variety of reasons - too much wheat or an increase in my mestinon will usually do it so I brushed it off. Then I get a pain right where my appendix is, all the time not having any burning when urinating or pains in my back. By Saturday I started feeling generally run down and the pain in my back started. Due to the issues with antibiotics I decided not to run the gammet of the locum GP who would have no access to my notes. So I rang the Drs on Monday and got some antibiotics from my own GP.

I'd got my husband to go out and buy some plastic beakers you know the disposable kind as I had nothing in the house that I could use to catch a sample. That makes it sound like you have to run around the house trying to chase it down! As it was the GP didn't ask for one. We went through the issues that I had developed with the antibiotic Augementin and settled for another one Cefradine. I found out after taking it that your not supposed to take it if you have an allergy to penicillin, which we thought I may have after the reaction to Augementin. So far no reaction so it looks like Im not allergic to penicillin its just something to do with Augementin.

We are on the countdown now for next weeks Oxford trip. Hair has been dyed as roots were showing and a few grey hairs had started to sprout! Just have to pack my bag and sort out toiletries.

My bloods taken after the last bout of stomach pain in the gall bladder area have come back negative. No surprise there then!

Apparently the Oxford Dr wants to hold off on my referral to the London Pulmanologist until he has seen me next week. Found this out from my GP on Monday.

I'm really not looking forward to my trip, I'm expecting a few sleepless nights before we set off!

No comments: