Thursday 1 September 2011

Miss Marple triumphs!

Yesterday morning I was feeling so awful I rang the Doctors surgery to own up to the fact it was me that sent the anonymous letter to my GP - having forgotten to write my name and address on it. Thankfully my GP had applied his Miss Marple skills of detection and had worked out who the author was!

Thirty minutes after contacting the surgery the reception team rang me back to confirm that he had realised it was me and was going to ring me that day. At 6pm last night he rang and was so sweet, he didn't even mention my faux pas! We are going to try some migraine prevention medication - can't remember what its called. I have to take a low dose for a week, increasing on the second week. On the second week of the migraine treatment I am to up my florinef (fludrocortisone) back to two tablets daily. I had to reduce the dose a while ago as they were giving me migraines every few days. We are hoping that this will enable me to take the higher dose of florinef and hopefully alleviate the horrible Potsy symptoms I am experiencing at the moment.

He did advise me that it was going to be a long journey to find the right combination of medications to alleviate as much as the Pots symptoms as possible. I said I understood that and I also knew from the research I had done the combination of Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia and Ehler Danlos syndrome was the most difficult to treat.

I am going to have to leave it there as my head is starting to feel funny and I am starting to lose cognitive function.

Thanks xx

1 comment:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Rachel .. well done and am pleased people are taking an interest .. even if it'll take a while - hope they can ease things for you. Look after yourself .. cheers for now - Hilary