Thursday 20 August 2015

Update ....

Things have been hectic here health wise over the last week and so the blog post has been sacrificed so that I can rest and recuperate.

Some of you know I suffer with the skin condition Hidradenitis Suppurativa, which is where for some reason unknown to science the body produces abscesses. I am lucky in that in all the years I have had HS it has only ever been stage one and hasn't moved up in stages. However that isn't to say that it isn't painful or leaves you feeling like crap when it happens.

Last week I developed one right under my left butt cheek, which meant sitting down was very painful. I did all the usual things I do to try to treat it without antibiotics but it didn't work. I ended up on antibiotics and then suffered horrific side effects from the antibiotics. Side effects that can only be described as explosive shits for 17 hours and playing Russian roulette every time I went to break wind.

The side effects wiped me out for three days, I had my first good day yesterday but then I ended up in a massive pain flare where every movement caused pain. I think it was the changing weather fronts that caused the pain flare and it was the worst I had ever experienced. 

Today's health fun comes in the form of vertigo. I am typing this with only one eye open and the chromebook balanced on my chest.

Someday's I feel like hiding under the duvet until 2015 is over......

No comments: