Thursday 4 August 2016

The Things You Do For Love

So last week was crazy busy, despite Jay and I stating we were going to have a lazy week whilst he was on holiday.

As I wrote last week I had a surprise visit to hospital on the Friday for a caffeine infusion which I will write about more next week as the star of this week’s blog post has to be my husband Jay.

Back in May 2016 I set up a gofundme page to raise money to buy a new wheelchair and a power trike attachment so I could go off-road and go out with my dogs on Woodbury Common, something I have been unable to do since 2008. As hubby and I were chatting one day trying to think up ways we could raise money, as like most people we don’t have a spare £5,000 lying around, I suggested that he should get his back waxed. He agreed immediately, now this is the man who needed gas and air for his travel vaccinations, who screamed the place down many years ago when he had his legs waxed for charity, so I was a little shocked when he said yes.



Hubby is hairy and it has never bothered me. If you had asked me before we met if I liked hairy men I would have said no. To be honest the only time his hair has bothered me is when it's left all over the shower tray every morning looking like we have showered a black Labrador. It wasn’t until I saw the first video clip I realised how hairy he is, I suppose over 20 years I have just got used to it.



Within a few days hubby had it all organised and the sponsorship money was flooding in. Through doing this he has raised over £1100 I am so proud of him not just because of how much money he has raised but the pain he went through doing it.

Imogen, a very dear friend of ours videoed the back waxing for us. Unfortunately the complete version of the video is only available on my The Myasthenia Kid Facebook Page however we have managed to get the following videos onto YouTube. I also need to say a very big thank you to Abbie Wilson who did the back waxing in her own time and free of charge. That was so very generous of you Abbie and we really appreciate it. I need to mention the language gets a little fruity during the waxing so if easily offended or you have children present don't watch with the volume turned up!


I need to do a little correction here, we are not a charity this is simply a go fund me campaign. Apologies for hubby getting it wrong but he was very nervous!

The first strip coming off





It’s not too late to donate, we have set ourselves the challenge of a year to raise the money. If you would like to donate please use this link gofundme.

The things you do for love and a decent wheelchair, what next?



He has told me skydiving and abseiling are definitely out.


No comments: