Thursday 29 December 2016

The last post of 2016

So here we are the last post of 2016, in some ways the last year has flown by in other ways it has been a drag (endless days of head pain will do that to a girl). One thing I did learn this year, well actually I learnt quite a few things this year. One of them being that medical staff do not warn you of the laxative effect of a caffeine infusion. But enough of the toilet humour that I always manage to sink to!


This year I have learnt the power of friendship, that dreams can and do come true. On 26th May 2016 I published Pipe Dreams Part One http://wp.me/p4zBAs-hj  and discussed my wish to raise enough money to purchase a new wheelchair and power trike attachment so that I could go out with my husband when he walked the dogs on Woodbury Common. Never in my wildest dreams did I believe that I would achieve this just over 3 months. On September 9th 2016 I took delivery of a second hand wheelchair and Power Trike attachment which I talked about in Pipe Dreams Part two http://wp.me/p4zBAs-jD .


To achieve my dream hubby had his back waxed and raised well over £1,000. I am so proud of him for doing this as I have seen him both cry like a baby and swear like a trooper when having his legs waxed for BBC’s Children in Need, many moons ago. He is my hero and if you fancy watching the video’s of him being brave and getting it done you can see them here in my blog post The Things You Do For Love - http://wp.me/p4zBAs-iL




When I first got the Power Trike attachment I promised that there would be a video shortly something in which I have been remiss. Various things have got in the way of putting a video on line, health, getting used to driving it and on my last venture out falling out of it and hurting my back. This Christmas I decided that I would venture out with the dogs on their morning walk. So later than promised here is a short video with commentary provided by Mr Myasthenia Kid aka Mr Morris.




I want to say thank you to everyone who raised the  money, Abbie Wilson who gave up her time and her beauty studio to wax Mr Myasthenia Kids back, my two fundraising helpers Sharon Ross and Imogen Clark. Without you all none of this would have been possible, thank you. I would also like to thank Emmey Lou for her invaluable help, along with her husband Mike.

So this is the very last post of 2016, I feel sad that the year is over already, I feel like I need another run at it.

So I wish you all a very happy 2017, may your dreams come true, may your health improve and may you love those in your life with all your heart. See you in January 2017.

No comments: