Thursday 1 March 2018

Up and Down

This week has been a bit up and down health wise and emotionally.
For a few days out of the last week my back has been exceptionally
painful, with no position be it standing, sitting or lying providing any
comfort. Insomnia was back with avengence resulting in me ordering
a new fridge freezer at 5am on Friday morning having been awake
since 3am. Saturday I was struggling to breathe a problem I haven’t
had properly in years. Eventually after the second dose of mestinon
it eased but for a while there I was fully expecting a trip to hospital.

I have been waiting for my health to take a nosedive, you can’t be
through the sheer amount of losses Jay (Mr Myasthenia Kid) and
I have through December and January and walk away unscathed.
Jay had to see his consultant dermatologist this week as he suffers
with Psoriasis. In his follow up letter it stated  his Psoriasis was flaring
up due to “ major life events” it was only then when I saw that it black
and white that I even began to acknowledge that what we have just
been through isn’t normal and isn’t just one of those things. I excused
myself for having a bad day last Thursday and spending most of it in tears.
I accidentally called Frankie, Willow. His face lit up like Willow was going
to walk through the door at any minute and my heart broke all over again.
I hated the fact I had lifted his hopes up, when she will never be coming
home.


So due to all the emotional fallout of the last week and not being particularly
well things have been quite slow on the sewing front. I have had a couple
of days where I haven't sewn at all. I won’t lie I am struggling a bit under
the weight of it all. However there are some exciting things happening
in the future which I have to keep under wraps at the moment. As soon
as I can share I will.

Makes this last week:

Phone stand and glasses case

Thread catcher

Thread catcher and storage canister

Pineapple quilt block, my first attempt using a creative grids pineapple trim tool.
It needs lots more work. For those of you who don't know about quilting each
type of quilt design has a different name. This is a pineapple quilt block.

2 comments:

Carleen said...

I show my daughter your creations for inspiration. Love the pineapple block! Thanks for sharing!😀

The Myasthenia Kid said...

Hi Carleen,

Thank you. I quite often look at other crafty blogs and get inspiration from them. I love the internet for that as it helps you so much with so many step by step videos on Youtube.

Thank you for leaving a comment its much appreciated.
Many thanks
Rachel x